Old Testament Introduction | Online
A nine-session survey of the Old Testament examining the three major sections of the Hebrew Bible – Law, Prophets and Writings – understanding each book from the context of the big story of Scripture. Students will discover that the theological center is Jesus and that this is presented in the primary themes of covenant and kingdom.
This class will be offered online with modules to be accessed online at the pace of the student within the designated timeframe.
- Module 1 – Introduction – Bible as One Story, Covenant and Kingdom, Jesus; Overview of Old Testament
- Module 2 – Genesis and Exodus
- Module 3 – Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy
- Module 4 – Joshua, Judges, Ruth
- Module 5 – 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, 1 and 2 Chronicles
- Module 6 – Ezra, Esther and Nehemiah
- Module 7 – Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Lamentations
- Module 8 – Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel
- Module 9 – The Twelve