New Testament Introduction
A nine-session survey of the New Testament examining the major sections of Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, understanding each book from the context of the big story of Scripture. Students will see once again the centrality of Jesus as presented in the primary themes of covenant and kingdom.
This class will be offered online with modules to be accessed online at the pace of the student within the designated timeframe.
- Module 1 – Introduction and Intertestamental Period
- Module 2 – The New Testament Canon and The Gospels
- Module 3 – The Gospels
- Module 4 – Acts of the Apostles
- Module 5 – Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians
- Module 6 – Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians
- Module 7 – 1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus
- Module 8 – The General Epistles
- Module 9 – The Revelation to John
- Introducing the New Testament: A Short Guide to Its History and Message. By: D.A. Carson, Douglas J. Moo, and Andrew David Naselli. Zondervan, 2010.
- Basic Introduction to the New Testament. By: John R. Stott. Edited by Stephen Motyer. Eerdmans, 2017