This class will be offered in a hybrid format, with some classes taking place live or through livestream and others online at the pace of the student.
A nine-session introduction to biblical hermeneutics applied to the different literary genres of Scripture, this class will help students learn how to make observations, interpret, and apply the various types of literature in the Bible. Students will learn how to discover the meaning and personal significance of narrative, psalms, wisdom literature, prophets, the Gospels, New Testament letters, and apocalyptic literature.
Start date: October 4 – December 6, 2020
- Module 1 – Introduction and Observation (Live or Live stream)
- Module 2 – Interpretation
- Module 3 – Application
- Module 4 – Epistles (Live or Live stream)
- Module 5 – Old Testament Narrative
- Module 6 – Poetry and Wisdom Literature
- Module 7 – Gospel and Acts
- Module 8 – Old Testament Prophetic Literature
- Module 9 – Apocalyptic Literature (Live or Live stream)